Academic Satisfactory Progress
Students must maintain normal academic progress. Any student who fails to meet satisfactory academic progress in a grade of C- (70%) or higher at the end of any marking period must repeat the level. If the student fails the same (repeating) course at the end of marking period, he/she will be terminated from the school immediately, which will result in the loss of F1 status for international students. Students cannot take the same course no more than twice including failing a course. Upon successfully completing a level, students cannot retake the same level except for an option at advanced levels (5 and 6). For the option at advanced levels, you need to request for the information from your school agent. You must show academic progress and are not allowed to take any level down course.
Appeal to course grades or promotion decisions
Students also have the right to appeal course grades and promotion decisions.
- The first step of the appeal process is for the student to speak with the instructor who assigned the grade.
- If the student is not satisfied after speaking with the instructor, he/she can make a formal appeal to the grade or promotion decision by submitting a request form for re-evaluation of course grades or promotion decisions to the Academic Director/ the administration.
- Within 48 hours from the submission of the request form, the Academic Director will meet with the student and the instructor to review the student’s grade and progress.
- The joint decision of the Academic Director and the classroom teacher is final and cannot be appealed. The final decision letter will be sent to a student and also placed in the student’s folder.
Appeal to determination of successful completion of the program
Any student who feels that the result of the determination of successful completion of the program is inaccurate can appeal the determination.
- Notify the Academic Director/the administration in writing via an email or mail.
- The student will make arrangements to meet with the Academic Director.
- The Academic Director will meet with the student and the instructor to review the components of the determination.
- The decision of the Academic Director is final and cannot be appealed. The final decision letter will be sent to a student via an email or mail and also placed in the student’s file.