F-1 international students who have admitted to the United States must maintain a legal status and must have the responsibility to abide all immigration policies governing such status .Any violation of the regulations will cause students to be “OUT OF STATUS.” If you become out of status, you have two ways to regain status:
- To apply for reinstatement OR
- Depart the U.S. and seek a new admission to the U.S with a new F-1 status.
Please be advised that the process of regain valid F-1 status can be challenging. In the event that you apply for Reinstatement, the USCIS will adjudicate your reinstatement application.
You are eligible for reinstatement if you can verify:
- The violation of status happened beyond your control AND
- You are currently seeking a full course of study at Amlotus
For filing reinstatement, you must submit:
– A completed Form I-539
– New Form I-20 from Amlotus (You MUST register for new classes and pay your tuition in full.)
– Acceptance Letter given by Amlotus
– Letter of Intent specifying the causes and reasons you became out of status
– Copy of your I-94(Arrival/Departure Record) webpage: cbp.gov/I-94
– Copy of your valid passport (at least 6 months before the expiration date)
– Copy of your visa
– Bank Statements that include most current 3 months transactions.
– A Money Order for $370.00 dollars payable to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
– A receipt for Form I-901 fee ($200.00). It is required to pay again for losing your status.
– Biometric fee for $85.00 dollars payable to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
– $450 reinstatement process fee & $25 shipping fees (if school processes it on behalf of the student)